What is the HIV Peer Support Group?
This is an exciting, innovative and ground-breaking new HIV peer support group by Latin Americans, for Latin Americans. In collaboration with Living Positive Victoria, this program is for LGBTIQ+ people from the Spanish and Portuguese speaking Latino communities in Melbourne.
The program gives you the opportunity to explore some of the factors behind sexual risk taking and ways of staying safe through peer-led group workshops that are friendly and confidential. The sessions provide a non-judgemental environment where you can discuss your sexual behaviour, ask questions, learn about sexual health and think about the best way to have the sex you want.
Is this group for me?
You need to be Latin American or Hispanic, aged 18 or over and live in or near Melbourne.
- I’m worried about my sex life
- I feel lonely or isolated
- I don’t have anyone to talk to about HIV in my language
- I’m worried about my drug or alcohol use
- I’m not sure about the risks I’m taking
- Non-judgemental environment
- Speak Spanish or Portuguese
Get in touch
For more information contact us by email at email@example.com or call 03 9863 8733.